Powered by SeatChoice
SeatChoice was the first ticket price comparison website and remains the leading source of ticket availability and price information for UK theatre, concerts and events.
- Service trials started January 2007, first service launch February 2007, re-branded as SeatChoice October 2007
- Allows live availability and price searching across a number of suppliers giving exact cost/saving and availability details
- Coverage of the whole UK, not just the West End, not just major theatres
- Coverage of musicals, plays, opera, ballet, dance, concerts, events, attractions, panto, comedy ...
- Uses a range of suppliers including STAR Members, primary agents and responsible secondary agents
- Provides links to tickets, offers, meal deals, hotel deals and vouchers
The SeatChoice "engine" powers a range of websites delivering different services for different occasions and with a combined monthly unique readership of around 85,000 (Dec09). Websites include;
- UK Theatre Web, the UK's original theatre information website launched, in February 1995 but operated as a "What's on in London and Oxford" Gopher/Web service from late 1994. See what we used to look like (and laugh!) on WayBackMachine.
- Arts Archive the listings archive
- Compare London Tickets
- DirtyDancingTickets.info and Love-Never-Dies.co.uk
The SeatChoice service is itself based around the Dynamic Listing Ltd listings service. This service, which was redeveloped out of the experiences of the original UK Theatre Web offering, powers the "What's On" content for a range of websites from Arts Archive to Whatsonstage. It is estimated (Dec09) that the listings underly content seen by around 500,000 unique readers a month.
The Dynamic Listing listings database is updated daily by hand to ensure the highest possible quality and contains, at December 2009
- 86,000 distinct works
- 115,000 distinct productions/tours
- 760,000 listings dating back to around 1997, earlier listings displayed on UK Theatre Web were not incorporated into the database
STARDynamic Listing Ltd, who own and operate SeatChoice, is an Affiliate Member of STAR - the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers
STAR was formed in 1997 and is the leading self-regulatory body for the entertainment ticketing industry across the United Kingdom, with many of the biggest names in ticketing as members. STAR members include major UK ticket agencies as well as numerous venues and box offices in London and across the country. There are also associate members in other industries (such as travel) where entertainment ticketing forms part of their business and affiliate members who do not sell tickets directly to the public but support STAR's work. In 2011, STAR relaunched itself with a new kite mark, revised terms and a greatly expanded membership.
STAR - Secure Tickets from Authorised Retailers